A site host is the owner or occupant of land on which an electric vehicle charging station is built. Site hosts represent a variety of industries and land use types, including:
• Tourist destinations and public lands;
• Businesses and institutions, such as hotels, shops, universities, and restaurants;
• Transportation facilities, such as airports and fleet depots; and
• Community sites, such as a parking lot, public library, or town hall.
Why Consider being a site host?
Site hosts have different reasons to provide EV charging services, including:
• Attracting or retaining EV-driving visitors or customers;
• Attracting or retaining EV-driving employees;
• Earning revenue from user fees for EV charging;
• Supporting a new fleet of electric vehicles or buses; and
• Encouraging more widespread adoption of EVs for the environmental and public health benefits.